Urgent...800a0bb9 error

Thread: Urgent...800a0bb9 error

Harish H Guest

Default Urgent...800a0bb9 error

Hi..,<BR> I am trying to code an ADD and Update option in my asp page.<BR>The following code returns 800a0bb9 error. Please help me in this regards<BR>======================================= ============<BR>dim objconn<BR> dim objrec<BR> set objconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> set objrec = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")<BR> objconn.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;" & _<BR> "DRIVER={SQL Server};" & _<BR> "SERVER=HWY_BOS_300;DATABASE=CDBASE;" & _<BR> "UID=sa;PWD=;"<BR> objrec.Open "Vendor",objconn,adOpenForwardOnly,adLockReadOnly, adcmdtable<BR> objrec(0) = Request.Form("text0")<BR> objrec(1) = Request.Form("text1")<BR> objrec(2) = Request.Form("text2")<BR>========================= ===============<BR> ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>"Vendor",objconn,adOpenForwardOnly,adLockR eadOnly,adcmdtable<BR><BR>This gives error in the above line.. Please help me in finding this error<BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/vendorinfo/updfrm.asp, line 20 <BR><BR>Please help me in this regard<BR>Harish H<BR>

Default RE: Urgent...800a0bb9 error

I think the problem is the adlockreadonly part. If you have locked the record for just reading, how can you write to it then. Instead of that try using adlockoptimistic, hopw this helps.<BR>Good Luck.