How do I parse content retrieved from a DB as Server-Side script???

Thread: How do I parse content retrieved from a DB as Server-Side script???

Bjorn Ericsson Guest

Default How do I parse content retrieved from a DB as Server-Side script???

Hi all!<BR><BR>I&#039ve built a site around a DB and ASP, where part of the contents of a frame is retrieved from the DB.<BR>Now I need to build a FORM with some input-tags(select) getting their info from the DB also - is this possible. When I try this now, I just get back the Server-VBScript i cleartext within the frame-sourcecode.<BR>Please help me...

Default RE: How do I parse content retrieved from a DB as Server-Side script???

Maybe this will help... <BR><BR>&#060;select name="Status" size="1"><BR> &#060;option &#060;% If Poster("Status") = "approved" Then &#037;&#062;selected &#060;% End if &#037;&#062;value="approved">Approved&#060;/option><BR> &#060;option &#060;% If Poster("Status") = "denied" Then &#037;&#062;selected &#060;% End if &#037;&#062;value="denied">Denied&#060;/option><BR> &#060;option &#060;% If Poster("Status") = "pending" Then &#037;&#062;selected &#060;% End if &#037;&#062;value="pending">Pending&#060;/option><BR>&#060;/select><BR><BR>It&#039s of course also possible to write out the values from the DB using &#060;%= Poster("column") &#037;&#062;<BR><BR>If you have further problems you might want to post your code here.<BR><BR>.jonas

Bjorn Ericsson Guest

Default RE: How do I parse content retrieved from a DB as Server-Side script???

Thanks, but _this_ is what I&#039m trying to achieve...<BR><BR>I&#039ve built a site which gets most of it&#039s pages from a DB. The pages are<BR>divided into 5 frames, and one frame contains a table, where I retrieve and<BR>display the content:<BR>Page->Frameset->Frame->Table->TR->TD - &#060;%= Rs("content") &#037;&#062;<BR><BR>This will not parse any ASP code within the DB-content - which I need to do.<BR><BR>One example is a page with a form, where I need to get the &#060;OPTION> values and labels from the DB...<BR><BR>Is this possible to achieve??<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Bjorn<BR><BR>