Thread: Randomising

Default Randomising

Good evening all,<BR><BR>I would like to develop an ASP page to test members within my online organisation. The examinations, to prevent fraud, will have 20 questions randomly selected out of 50 questions stored in the database. There are going to be 10 different types of exams depending upon the rating that the members wishes to obtain. The system needs to determine the exam to be taken, load the details from a database (dependent on the exam taken) and then randonly choose 20 questions to display. These questions need to be given with a text box for submitting answers with.<BR><BR>At the end of the exam, the form will be submitted to an exam database which will need to contain the 20 questions (and their original question number - in the database of 50 questions - for marking purposes) as well as the answers to these questions (as provided by the member upon submission of the form).<BR><BR>I have a vague idea on how to do this - I&#039;ve done a similar, less complex, system before - the only thing I cannot do is randomising to select the 20 unique questions for each examination.<BR><BR>Thank you very much in advance.<BR><BR>--<BR>Adrian<BR>http://www.natvat.net

Default this should help