I was told

Thread: I was told

Default I was told

I was told that it is possible to create something similar to msn messenger&#039;s application to let you know that you have new mail through .NET. Let me explain a little more clearly.<BR><BR>I currently have a intranet site up and instead of sending litteral e-mails I have it set up to send a link in the page to the user specified. Believe it or not there is a reason I did it this way. I want to have a window drop down similarly to the way that msn pops up and says "You have a new message from....." and have it be clickable. <BR><BR>I&#039;ve seen online some pages that do something similar, but I have no idea how to look for a example on the web.<BR><BR>Any refrence would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>From,<BR><BR>Keith

Default RE: I was told

That&#039;s not a page refresh with a check of the database?

Default Ask the guy that told you

I think Steve is right. The only way to do it is to have a page that refreshes every 2 minutes or so and checks against a db. Then when it finds a new msg, then popup a javascript window.<BR><BR>To me, this is a total hack. The user has to keep this window open all the time and it will be murder on your server especially if you have a lot of users.