How to pass arrays through forms

Thread: How to pass arrays through forms

Default How to pass arrays through forms

I was wondering if it&#039s possible to pass arrays to another page through forms... such as you would pass a single variable through a hidden form field:<BR><BR>Dim IDs(100)<BR><BR>&#060;input type=hidden name="IDs" value=IDs><BR>-----<BR><BR>I know you can&#039t do it that way.. but I wonder if anyone knows an alternate way. I guess I could always go through the entire array and write hidden input fields for each element in the array and pick them up in the reverse order on the next page, but surely there&#039s another way? :) Thanks<BR><BR>Dave

Joseph Hatcher Guest

Default RE: How to pass arrays through forms

You could read each item in the array into one hidden input field and put some kind of delimiter between the objects.<BR><BR>for instance if you used semi-colons<BR><BR>document.form.type.value="sally;bobb y;julie;....."<BR><BR>then you could put them back into an array do what ever you need to <BR><BR>Hope this helps :)

limbu Guest

Default RE: How to pass arrays through forms

Hi Dave,<BR><BR>I&#039m sure session array would help. Try something like this:<BR><BR>session("sid") = id &#039where id is your array<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR>limbu