Hi all,<BR><BR>I have given the task to investigate what I call Knowledge Management Systems (KMS) and to see if its worth it.<BR><BR>Basically I am looking for a web-based solution that would:<BR><BR>1. Allow our company, an R & D organization to share data, ideas, papers with one another with controlled access, etc.<BR><BR>2. Retrieve all revelant pages, documents, attachments for a subject or text queried by a user.<BR><BR>- For example, if a user enters "photonic transistors", all pages that have anything to do with photonic transistors would be displayed in a list (ie. web pages, word docs. PDFs, etc.)<BR><BR>3. I know that a DB is involved. Which ones do most companies use? MS SQL Server or Oracle and why? Ease of setup and use? Better tech support? Cheaper/cost?<BR><BR>How does this work? I&#039;m still not sure how this KMS process work. I&#039;d appreciate it if anyone could point me to the right direction?<BR><BR>Oh, one more thing. Is there an Open-source version of what I&#039;m trying to find. My compnay would probably prefer an open-source solution because we m,ay want to customize it to some degree if/when needed.<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR><BR>Christopher<BR>