can't get scripts to run at all

Thread: can't get scripts to run at all

Default can't get scripts to run at all

Hi, I am having a lot of trouble getting any ASP scripts to run on my pc using PWS. If I save this text with a .asp extension, it simply prints everything between the &#060;% and /%&#062; tags to the screen instead of running the script. The file is stored in c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ and I have enabled scripts,read and execute for that directory<BR><BR>Any help with this problem would be very appreciated<BR><BR>Cheers <BR><BR>Dominic<BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;h ead&#062;<BR>&#060;title&#062;My First ASP script&#060;/title&#062;<BR> &#060;body&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim Today &#039 declares Today as a variable<BR>Today = Date() &#039 makes Today&#039s value today&#039s date<BR>Response.Write "Hello, ASP World!" <BR>Response.write "<BR>My first script was created "<BR>response.Write(Today) <BR>response.end<BR>%&#062;<BR> <BR>&#060;/center&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;

Default RE: can't get scripts to run at all

Hi Dominic,<BR>Basically the server side script is not running.<BR>What you can do is, creaye virtual directory under the default web site and have the asp file inside the virtual directory.<BR>That should work.<BR><BR>