Sort File List?

Thread: Sort File List?

Default Sort File List?

I have a routine that displays folder names, and allows the user to click on them to download them. Problem is that the folder&#039;s appear in almost random order. How can I sort it before displaying the list? Here&#039;s the code I&#039;m using so far:<BR><BR>Dim objFolder<BR>Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(HomeFolder & cDir)<BR><BR>&#039; If I found a lesson.ini file in this folder, then it&#039;s a lesson folder,<BR>&#039; we need to zip up the contents for download<BR>Dim objFile, lIsLesson<BR>lIsLesson = False<BR>For Each objFile in objFolder.Files<BR> &#039;Print out the name<BR> if UCase(objFile.Name) = "LESSON.INI" then<BR> lIsLesson = True<BR> Exit For<BR> end if<BR>Next<BR><BR>if lIsLesson then<BR> cDir = Replace(cDir,"/","\")<BR> Response.Write "Click &#060;a href=frmDownload.asp?Path=" & Server.URLEncode(HomeFolder & cDir & "\") & "&Name=" &_<BR> Server.URLEncode(cDir) & "&#062;HERE&#060;/a&#062; to download " & cDir & "<BR><BR>" &_<BR> "Once you click on the above link, there will be a short delay while the files are zipped, " &_<BR> "then you will be asked where to save the file."<BR><BR>else<BR> &#039; Use a For Each ... Next loop to display the folders<BR> Dim objSubFolder, cDir1<BR> For Each objSubFolder in objFolder.SubFolders<BR> &#039; Print out the name<BR> if cDir = "/" then<BR> cDir1 = ""<BR> else<BR> cDir1 = cDir<BR> end if<BR> Response.Write "&#060;img src=Folder.gif&#062;***&#060;a href=gmil.asp?Dir=" & Server.URLEncode(cDir1) & "/" &_<BR> Server.URLEncode(objSubFolder.Name) & "&#062;" & objSubFolder.Name & "&#060;/a&#062;<BR>"<BR> Next<BR>end if<BR><BR>Any help is appreciated.

Default ASPFAQs, category FileSystemObject

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of this very page, so you can find answers to FAQs like this one.<BR><BR>Look in the named category for an FAQ that is relevant to your question.<BR><BR>

Default Hey Bill...

could you take a look at my onclick() post that is 2 down from this one. I want to know what you think?? Bad idea or what to use an alert box to tell the user the link isn&#039; able to be accessed...<BR><BR>thanks alot!!