File upload and forms

Thread: File upload and forms

Default File upload and forms

Hi,<BR><BR>I want to create a facility whereby a user fills in their details in a form then uploads a file to the server.<BR>When the form is processed, the user details are sent via an email to the recipient and their uploaded file is attached in the email.<BR><BR>I have an ASP script (that does not use components) that performs the file upload.<BR>However I am unable to process the other form elements as the form enctype attribute is set to "multipart/form-data", and I cannot use Request.Form and Request.BinaryRead together.<BR><BR>Is there a quick fix to this problem?<BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Catherine<BR>

Default RE: File upload and forms

There are two things you can do:<BR><BR>1. Append all other form elements to the querystring when submitting. You&#039;ll have to write an onsubmit javascript function for that that loops through the forms fields and appends their names and values to the form&#039;s action.<BR><BR>2. All the posted names and values should be in the BinaryRead somewhere, you can retrieve them from there.