When to move from Access to SQL Server

Thread: When to move from Access to SQL Server

DPH Guest

Default When to move from Access to SQL Server

I have just started developing with ASP and am looking to develop a simple "Matchingmaking/Dating" site using an Access database. My question is - at what point should I be looking to convert to a SQL Server database. IOW using ASP&#039s/Access how many concurrant users and what number of records can they reasonable support.<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>

DBINC Guest

Default RE: When to move from Access to SQL Server

The question is how much traffic the site has at present. If the website receives heavy traffic, it would be best served with a SQL server. Access is limited to 10 concurrent connections whereas a SQL server handles thousands

Martin Guest

Default CONCURRENT users and Access

Hi,<BR>I`d like to know what are the caracteristics of the classic open DB sequence (see below). I`ve been reading a lot of stuff on ADO, and I`m more confused than before. I need to know if I should pass special parameters(locks or modes) to my OPEN command. I want to be sure that only one user at a time will be able to access the DB.<BR><BR>Can I trust the following code?<BR>thx<BR>--------------<BR>maConnStr = "DRIVER={Microsoft ... (*.mdb)}; DBQ=e:db1.mdb"<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .Open(maConnStr)