Database Query Problems

Thread: Database Query Problems

Default Database Query Problems

Alright here is my current situation. I have two tables in my database one is named Phone_Cards and the other Countries. I have a field in Phone_Cards that is named Phone_Card_Countries and what that field does is allow the country id's to be entered in that are associated with the phone card. An example would be: 1, 4, 7. The problem is these have to be comma deliminted and after each comma represents a new country which has to be pulled from the country database. How do I set up the database query to go in a pick up country number 1 then 4 then 7. So this field allows multiple countries to be entered then each of them have to be pulled individually. Thank You In advance.

Default Change the datamodel.

You should never store comma separated values in a column.<BR>Put each value as a separate record. (You need an additional table.)

Default What he said

Usually a many to many structure requires a third "keys only" table...<BR><BR>Something like this...<BR><BR>tbl_PhoneCards<BR>--------------<BR>int_phoneCardID -- counter<BR><BR><BR>tbl_Card_Countries<BR>------------------<BR>int_PhoneCardID -- Numeric<BR>int_CountryCode -- Numeric<BR><BR>tbl_Countries<BR>-------------<BR>int_CountryID<BR><BR>When you associate a card with a country (or likewise)you need one entry in the card_Countries table.<BR><BR>Then you can select * from tblcards where int_cardid in (select int_cardid from tbl_card_countries where int_countrycode=12)<BR><BR>-- Whol