Search capabilty using ASP/IIS4

Thread: Search capabilty using ASP/IIS4

Default Search capabilty using ASP/IIS4

Hi,<BR><BR>I was wondering if anyone knew anything about or somewhere I can get information on how to build a search functionality for a website using IIS 4 Index Server and ASP (on Windows NT Server platform).<BR><BR>I have experimented with the Sample Search Page that comes with IIS, but cannot find any documentation or information about the coding in that ASP page (eg how to modify/customise the code, variables needed, the IXSSO object etc).<BR><BR>One problem I have so far is that I want to restrict the files returned by the search to just html/htm/asp pages. The code I have so far is:<BR><BR>if SearchString &#060;&#062; "" then<BR> if NewQuery then<BR> set Session("Query") = nothing<BR> set Session("Recordset") = nothing<BR> NextRecordNumber = 1<BR><BR> set Q = Server.CreateObject("ixsso.Query")<BR> set util = Server.CreateObject("ixsso.util")<BR> &#039;Q.catalog = "query://webdevl3/aapis"<BR> Q.Query = SearchString<BR> Q.SortBy = "rank[d]"<BR> Q.Columns = "DocTitle, vpath, path, filename, size, write, characterization"<BR> Q.AllowEnumeration = TRUE<BR> Q.Query = "#filename *.html OR *.htm OR *.asp"<BR> util.AddScopeToQuery Q, "/", "deep"<BR> <BR> set RS = Q.CreateRecordSet("nonsequential")<BR><BR> RS.PageSize = 10<BR> ActiveQuery = TRUE<BR><BR>....<BR><BR>When I comment out:<BR><BR>Q.AllowEnumeration = TRUE<BR>Q.Query = "#filename *.html OR *.htm OR *.asp"<BR><BR>The search seems to work fine. But when I add those 2 lines, the search seems to be returning all the files in the searched directory, no matter what search query I enter.<BR><BR>Any help or direction to a resource/website would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!<BR><BR>Karen

Default RE: Search capabilty using ASP/IIS4

well, stop #1 is, since Index server IS a microsoft product.<BR><BR>j<BR>http://www.readthe****