AS400 Connectivity

Thread: AS400 Connectivity

Default AS400 Connectivity

Ok here&#039;s the prob.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve just downloaded the program Client Access Express to create my ODBC for the AS400 database. Everything has been done by the book and I&#039;ve tested the connection in Dreamweaver MX and the tables all show. Not a problem.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve got a recordset made to do a test on my localhost. Now I have the problems. The auto generated connection URL reads like this;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim MM_JEMS45AS400L_STRING<BR>MM_JEMS45AS400L_STRING = "dsn=JEMS45AS400;uid=USER;pwd=PASSWORD;"<BR>%&#062 ;<BR><BR>It&#039;s a stand alone page that the other URL&#039;s read off. <BR>i.e.<BR>&#060;%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#include file="Connections/JEMS45AS400L.asp" --&#062;<BR><BR>From here on in the problems start. I&#039;m not getting any 400 Error pages. The URL is just hanging forever! I&#039;ve tried multiple differences using Server=servername;Provider=IBMDA400; ... etc. Still no luck. It&#039;s not the localhost as I&#039;ve tried other dbases and test pages. <BR><BR>Am I going wrong somewhere cos I&#039;d be extremely grateful for a resolution.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance

Default What is with all the

AS/400 questions? Two in one day is a lot ; )<BR><BR>I&#039;m not sure what you mean "client access express" program or where you downloaded it, however take a look at my answer to Deathmaul:<BR><BR><BR><BR>I& #039;m assuming you mean DB2 database too when you say AS/400. I highly recommend using the IBM drivers and clent software that is installed with the DB2/UDB Enterprise Edition.<BR><BR>Also, you said you tested it in Dreamweaver and the tables all showed all the tables. Well did you actually query the tables and return records.<BR><BR>Lastly, if the URL is hanging do you have any idea where it is hanging. Have you tried putting in response.write statements to help you debug?<BR><BR>Anyways if you still can&#039;t get it to work, try using the other drivers and see if it makes a difference for you.<BR><BR>Good luck<BR>Pete<BR><BR>