ASP pages load slowly in Netscape Communicator 4.7

Thread: ASP pages load slowly in Netscape Communicator 4.7

Default ASP pages load slowly in Netscape Communicator 4.7

Are there any tricks/tips to getting Communicator to respond more quickly? <BR><BR>My asp works fine in IE and N6, but in Netscape Communicator they just freez for about 10 seconds, and then I get the result, which is fine. The statusbar of Netscape says: Reading file. Look at<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciatet, <BR>A. Porobic<BR><BR>Than

Default I've had the same problem... fine in most browsers, but NS 4.x takes ages to render a page. There are ways in which you can speed NS up (classically), but again, I didn&#039;t have much joy.<BR><BR>NS can&#039;t re-render a page once it&#039;s displayed it on-screen. As a result, it has to format the page in memory before it displays it. So, you need to give it as much information as possible about how the screen&#039;s going to look. That means:<BR>1) All images must have heights and widths.<BR>2) All tables must have heights and widths.<BR><BR>If you find a solution, please post it here. I&#039;ll be very interested for my own systems.<BR><BR>Craig.