I am trying to use the encrypt routine that is found on this site. I am running into a problem though in that I can only get it to work with a Const variable, which is no good for me. I am running through a recordset and need to set up a bunch of different URLs.<BR><BR>When using this method, I get this error:<BR>*******************<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a0005&#039; <BR><BR>Invalid procedure call or argument: &#039;Asc&#039; <BR>*******************<BR>This is the function that I am calling<BR>*******************<BR>Function EnCrypt(strCryptThis)<BR> Dim strChar, iKeyChar, iStringChar, i<BR> for i = 1 to Len(strCryptThis)<BR> iKeyChar = Asc(mid(g_Key,i,1))<BR> iStringChar = Asc(mid(strCryptThis,i,1))<BR> &#039; *** uncomment below to encrypt with addition,<BR> &#039; iCryptChar = iStringChar + iKeyChar<BR> iCryptChar = iKeyChar Xor iStringChar<BR> strEncrypted = strEncrypted & Chr(iCryptChar)<BR> next<BR> EnCrypt = strEncrypted<BR>End Function<BR>*******************<BR><BR>Why can&#039;t I send over a basic variable as opposed to a Const variable?