Need some help....

Thread: Need some help....

Default Need some help....

I downloaded a freeware software off the internet called ASPLogin. It&#039;s to password protect a website. I don&#039;t understand what I am looking at. I am by no means a programmer!!! Anyway, I can get the login screen to come up, but it won&#039;t connect to my user database. Here is the code: <BR>Sub Session_OnStart<BR><BR>&#039;Please edit the database locations in the two examples to reflect your database.<BR><BR>Session("asplConnStr")="Driver={M icrosoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:Program FilesASPLoginasplogin.mdb;UID=admin;PWD=;"<BR><BR> &#039;If you are going to use the MapPath connection then uncomment <BR>&#039;the next line and comment the line above for OLE-DB.<BR>&#039;change the location to reflect your database<BR><BR>&#039;Session("asplConnStr")="Driv er={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/database/asplogin.mdb") & ";"<BR><BR><BR>End Sub<BR><BR>It tells you to put the path in for the database, but it&#039;s not working. Maybe I&#039;m not doing it right. If the database is at d:databaseasplogin.mdb what do I put into the lines above?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for any help!!!<BR>Newatthis

Default RE: Need some help....

The single quote &#039; is a comment. You want to comment out :<BR>Session("asplConnStr")="Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:Program FilesASPLoginasplogin.mdb;UID=admin;PWD=;"<BR>So put a single quote in front of the statement above(the statement should be in one line, or one single quote for each line if more). And then uncomment: <BR>&#039;Session("asplConnStr")="Driver={Microsof t Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/database/asplogin.mdb") & ";"<BR>Which means get rid of the single quote at the beginning of the statement. This way, it will automatically find the path for your asplogin.mdb on your machine, regardless whether it&#039;s on c or d drive. hope that works.