VB and ASP interaction.

Thread: VB and ASP interaction.

Lisandro Olmedo Guest

Default VB and ASP interaction.

Hi there !!!<BR><BR>Does anybody knows what needs to be done to I interact with an ASP from within in a VB 6.0 program. Do I need to use APIs ? or there is alraedy an Activex or OCX control that takes care of that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Default RE: VB and ASP interaction.

From what I know, there are 2 options you can choose if you&#039ve<BR>already used VB6:<BR>1. You can generate ASP pages from VB using WebClass designer<BR> (IIS Application). Here, you can do anything from VB <BR> (.asp files are generated when you compile the program).<BR><BR>2. Use ASP + VB.<BR> Here, you use VB to create an ActiveX DLL (.dll), <BR> or an ActiveX control (.ocx). You then use ASP code, that<BR> will call these VB components (.dll and/or .ocx files).<BR><BR>I myself prefer the 2nd option (ASP + VB).<BR><BR>When you create an ActiveX DLL, you need to get the project name<BR>and the class name of the DLL.<BR>Say, project name: myproject<BR> class name: myclass<BR><BR>Then, you call this dll from ASP as follows:<BR>&#060;%<BR>...<BR>Set myobj = Server.CreateObject("myproject.myclass")<BR>...<BR >&#037;&#062;<BR><BR>You can then call the methods (and use properties) that belongs to myclass: <BR>myobj.method1<BR>etc.<BR><BR>To use an ActiveX control in your page, you use &#060;OBJECT> tag,<BR>and include the CLASSID of the ActiveX control.<BR><BR>Hope that gives you a start.<BR><BR>John Weeflaar<BR>