I confused.....

Thread: I confused.....

Default I confused.....

I&#039;m trying to develop with I just don&#039;t get it. With the inline was easy to see how you posted information from one page to another. Now I&#039;m faced with the code behind...and I&#039;m not sure how to parameterize my searches...never mind trying to simply insert into a database.<BR><BR>I&#039;m using VS.NET...and I&#039;ve got everything in a form...but am I supposed to be using a data adapter via the component page to insert into a database from a form? When I want to run a parameterized query on the database...where do I put the variables from the form to search via the dataset / data adapter????? <BR><BR>I&#039;ve gone through an book, and a book...and I can&#039;t find anything that explains it in plain english. Anyone know of a place where I can find something on this?

Default RE: I confused.....

use the following under <BR><BR>sub Page_Load(s As object, e As EventArgs )<BR> Dim intEmpID As Integer<BR> intEmpID=Int32.Parse(Request.QueryString("ID"))<BR > Dim conAuthors As OleDbConnection<BR> Dim selectCount As OleDbCommand<BR> Dim cmdSelectAuthors As OleDbCommand<BR> Dim dtrAuthors As OleDbDataReader<BR> conAuthors= New OleDbConnection("PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; DATA Source=c:"filesource")<BR> conAuthors.Open()<BR> cmdSelectAuthors= New OleDbCommand("Select * from tablename where ID=@EmpID",conAuthors)<BR> cmdSelectAuthors.Parameters.Add("@EmpID",intEmpID) <BR>