Dreamweaver MX and IIS5

Thread: Dreamweaver MX and IIS5

Default Dreamweaver MX and IIS5

Anyone working with Dreamweaver MX to create ASP.NET pages? Im running IIS5 on a Windows 2000 Profesional. I have the server set up with the .Net framework and can test asp.net pages that I code by hand but I am having problems designing pages with Dreamweaver MX. Below is the error I am getting.<BR><BR><BR>Parser Error <BR>Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. <BR><BR>Parser Error Message: File or assembly name DreamweaverCtrls, or one of its dependencies, was not found.<BR><BR>Source Error: <BR><BR><BR>Line 1: &#060;%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %&#062;<BR>Line 2: &#060;%@ Register TagPrefix="MM" Namespace="DreamweaverCtrls" Assembly="DreamweaverCtrls,version=,publicK eyToken=836f606ede05d46a,culture=neutral" %&#062;<BR>Line 3: &#060;MM:DataSet <BR>Line 4: id="Members"<BR> <BR><BR>According to the documentations on Macromedia&#039;s website. You must copy the file DreamweaverCtrls.dll to the server&#039;s bin directory to parse Dreamweaver&#039;s tags. I did not see a bin directory, so I created one and copied the file to it. But I am still getting this error. I can only think there is something else I need to do when creating the bin directory.<BR><BR>any help is appreciated.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Dreamweaver MX and IIS5

The "BIN" folder they talk about should be in the WWWROOT (or whatever you use as the root of your website), so put the file there.<BR>If this solves your problem, please reply to this message andtell us, I&#039;m sure it will help others.<BR>