Hi all! I&#039;m trying to write a small set of includes which contain subs and functions. Here&#039;s the thing... <BR><BR>When I first wrote the subroutines and functions, they worked fine. All they did was print out HTML. (I was basically making a "token" based layout for my site) However, I decided to take the idea a step further. Instead of having the subroutines print out just HTML, they would pull the HTML from memo fields in a database and then print it out. Subroutines worked until I did this. What I get now is this: <BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript compilation error &#039;800a03ea&#039; <BR><BR>Syntax error <BR><BR>/includes/activeserverpages/html.asp, line 5 <BR><BR>Sub Header() <BR>^ <BR><BR>---------- <BR>It says the problem exists at the "S" in that line, but I don&#039;t get it. I&#039;ve tried a thousand different ideas and nothing works. =-[ <BR><BR>Here&#039;s the code of that include starting with the top line to the end of that subroutine: <BR><BR>&#060;% <BR><BR>Sub Header() <BR><BR>strDatabaseToConnectTo = "html.mdb" <BR>strPassword = "chester5" <BR>ConnectToDatabase strDatabaseToConnectTo, strPassword <BR><BR>sqlHeading = "Select Header From Layout" <BR>Set rsHeading=objConn.Execute(sqlHeading) <BR><BR>If rsHeading.eof Then <BR><BR>msg = "Unable to find the Header Information!" <BR>Response.Write("&#060;" & "script language=VBScript&#062;") <BR>Response.Write("MsgBox """ & msg & """&#060;" & "/script&#062;") <BR><BR>Else <BR><BR>Response.Write(rsHeading("Header")) <BR><BR>End If <BR><BR>rsHeading.Close <BR>Set rsHeading = Nothing <BR>objConn.Close <BR>Set objConn = Nothing <BR><BR>End Sub <BR>----------------- <BR><BR>Please help! I&#039;m totally lost; I don&#039;t know what in my code is causing this syntax error. <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR><BR>Michael