Two related topics in this post:<BR><BR>First One<BR>---------<BR><BR>I&#039;ve written/used the following code more times than I would like. <BR><BR>Dim objConn, objRS<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = ...<BR>objConn.Open <BR><BR>Set objRS = objConn.Execute("...") <BR><BR>objRS.Close<BR>Set objRS = Nothing <BR><BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn = Nothing <BR><BR><BR>I was wondering whether we had better alternatives. <BR><BR>One I have been practising has been to split the code into two parts, place the code in two include files, and place the include files in my template for an asp page. That obviated the need for explicit coding. <BR><BR>Is it possible to put the above code in glabal.asa file&#039;s application object and maintain a connection to the database all the time? No more includes. No more template aletrations etc.<BR><BR><BR>Second One<BR>----------<BR><BR>I ran into some text that talked about connection Pooling, which allegedly provides a performance boost.<BR><BR>can connection pooling be used on a development machine with teh following configuration: Windows98/PWS/Access 2000.<BR><BR>Has anybody looked into this?<BR><BR>TIA<BR><BR>RamanT<BR>