Help please date/time stamp problem

Thread: Help please date/time stamp problem

Default Help please date/time stamp problem

Hi - hope you can help.<BR><BR>I&#039m using FrontPage 2000 and Access 2000 on PWS with .asp<BR><BR>I&#039ve got a problem displaying a date in the UK format.<BR><BR>Here&#039s what I&#039m doing . . . . . When a user first submits a Form this Form writes to the database TABLE, which automatically enters the current date/time with default value =Now(). No problem with this, it works fine. <BR><BR>The date field that the database uses is LastContacted.<BR><BR>Ideally when that user returns and UPDATES their data (online) I wanted Access to automatically update the LastContacted<BR>field with the current date/time. This doesn&#039t work - If you know how to do this without using an Access Form I&#039d appreciate the help as this would be the ideal way to solve my problem. <BR><BR>As I can&#039t find a solution this is the road I&#039m going down, which has thrown up an anomaly.<BR> <BR>What I&#039ve got is an .asp with a database search field. The user enters their reference and the database returns their LastContacted date.<BR>The user then manually inserts the LastContacted date into a field named OLDDATE.<BR> <BR>So that the database will be updated with the current date/time - the user has to also enter the current date/time in NEWDATE.<BR><BR>The anomaly is at this point - if the user enters OLDDATE & NEWDATE the database is not updated BUT if the user swaps the OLDDATE around (American format) then the database writes ok (unfortunately it does overwrites the =NOW() function - but as it doesn&#039t work I can live with that).<BR> <BR>Example: Database returns 25/04/00 - user enters 25/04/00 into OLDDATE - and also enters current date 21/07/00 into NEWDATE. This doesn&#039t work.<BR>BUT if user enters 04/25/00 into OLDDATE - and also enters current date 21/07/00 into NEWDATE. This does work. <BR><BR>The date/time in Access returns the UK format - as does the database result on the .asp - the problem is when I try to write the date back to the database - here is my SQL (custom query/edit box) <BR><BR>UPDATE table1<BR>SET LastContacted=#::LastContacted::#<BR>WHERE LastContacted=#::OldDate::#<BR>AND Check=&#039::Check::&#039 <BR><BR>(check = users reference)<BR><BR>My regional settings are correct. I have also tried every Access date/time option - I&#039ve left it now at &#039General&#039<BR> <BR>Any ideas? <BR> <BR>Any help would really be appreciated<BR> <BR>Stephen

Corin Guest

Default not sure if this is what you need

&#060;%<BR>RecordSet.AddNew<BR><BR>RecordSet.Field s("LastContacted") = Now()<BR> <BR>RecordSet.Update<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>This assumes you have already set up a data connection and created a recordset called RecordSet