Event Calendar Question

Thread: Event Calendar Question

Default Event Calendar Question

I am using the Event Calendar written by Christopher Miller as published on this site <BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/060599-2.shtml<BR><BR>I would like to set this up so that I can enter an event over a range of dates instead of having to enter each day of the event separately. Can anyone help?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default Well...

...it&#039;s kind of crappy code and the DB design is not too good, but what the heck...<BR><BR>The easy way to do this would be to have a pair of &#060;FORM&#062; fields. StartDate, EndDate.<BR><BR>Then you just do this:<BR><BR>startDate = CDate(Request("startDate")<BR>endDate = CDate(Request("endDate")<BR>added = Now()<BR><BR>For theDate = startDate To endDate<BR> objRecordset.AddNew<BR> objRecordset.Fields("Subject") = Request.Form("txtSubject")<BR> objRecordset.Fields("Message") = Request.Form("Message")<BR> objRecordset.Fields("Day") = Day(theDate)<BR> objRecordset.Fields("Month") = Month(theDate)<BR> objRecordset.Fields("Year") = Year(theDate)<BR> objRecordset.Fields("AddedBy") = Request.Form("txtAddedBy")<BR> objRecordset.Fields("DateAdded") = added<BR> objRecordset.Update<BR>Next<BR><BR>But *do* consider learning enough to design your own system and improve the hell out of this!<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>