Strange Access Connection Error

Thread: Strange Access Connection Error

Default Strange Access Connection Error

Hello,<BR><BR>I have recently been getting some very strange errors when connecting to an access 2K database.<BR><BR>My System:<BR>Pentium 4<BR>Windows XP Pro<BR>IIS 5.1<BR><BR>Database Code:<BR>set DB=server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>DSNt emp="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; "<BR>DSNtemp=dsntemp & "DBQ=" & server.mappath("../database.mdb")<BR>DB.ConnectionTimeOut = 1<BR>DB.Open DSNtemp<BR><BR>****** ARGH - JUST SORTED IT AGAIN ******<BR>but I will carry on as someone else might find it useful and someone might actually be able to explain this.<BR>***************************************** <BR><BR>When I execute the connection code above, I get this 500.100 error message:<BR>General Error: Can&#039;t open registry key &#039;Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN&#039; etc ...<BR><BR>This only suddenly happened, the code used to work fine.<BR>When this first happened (a few weeks ago), I tried many things, and in the end, I copied the database, and changed the name of the copy to database2.mdb. This solved the problem and the error disappeared.<BR><BR>Today it happened again, for no reason, just started doing it again, nothing changed ... so I renamed the database to database3.mdb, compacted, repaired etc, but still got the error messsage. Then while writing this message I thought I would try again, and remembered that I didn&#039;t just rename, but copy and rename the copy to database3.mdb. Did that, and now it works.<BR><BR>No idea why this occurs, but it is solved by dublicating the database and changing it&#039;s name.<BR><BR>Any ideas would be great as I can already see this happening again. I have never had this before in the 5 years of my asp programming history, only on this windows XP pro machine, maybe it is related to that?!?<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR>Marco

Default or..

.. had an article on this. Search for the error message for instructions on fixing it.

Default first thing I would do

is using the OLE DB connection, instead ODBC<BR><BR>