Navigation Menus like Intel's or JCPenny's

Thread: Navigation Menus like Intel's or JCPenny's

Default Navigation Menus like Intel's or JCPenny's

How do I create navigation menus (like in Windows), where on mouseover of a link, a table drops down with detailed links? If my question is not clear, visit or I know that I can create images and use in an image map with Javascript (like, but there has got to be a better way. Thanks.

David Mann Guest

Default DHTML

DHMTL, or Dynamic HTML, is what you&#039re looking for. I do know how to create those drop downs, but doing a right-up on them right now would be very time consuming, so let me give you a GREAT website to start from. Since its inception with the 4.0 document object model (DOM), I&#039ve had a blast playing with DHTML, and I&#039m sure you&#039ll love it.<BR><BR>Here&#039s the link:<BR><BR><BR><BR>NOTE: These drop downs and other DHTML-powered tricks ONLY work with Netscape Communicator 4.x or higher, and MSIE 4.x or higher. Keep that in mind.... However, I feel that if anyone is still using an inferiour browser to the ones above, well.... they represent the very small minority, so I don&#039t concern myself with pre-4.0 DOM programming anymore. =) <BR><BR>Have fun!<BR><BR>Sincerely,<BR> --David

Min Guest

Default RE: DHTML

Check the site: and look for Menu and Navigational Bar. <BR>Enjoy!<BR>-Min