HTTP Reply Headers

Thread: HTTP Reply Headers

Default HTTP Reply Headers

Hey Guys,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve got a PHP developer at my work trying to tell me that an ASP and PHP website can talk to each in the following way.<BR><BR>An ASP script posts to a PHP script which log&#039;s the user in, then the ASP read&#039;s the "Reply Headers" and posts onto a second PHP script which set&#039;s the project. Once again the ASP read&#039;s the "Reply Headers" and then posts the relevant data to the third PHP script. <BR><BR>I myself have never seen "Reply Headers" but looking at his PHP script, it mentions stuff about it, but can anyone tell me if it is possible for the above scenario to be acheived? I myself think it&#039;s not possible.

Default I guess so...

...but why read the reply headers, instead of just reading the HTML that the PHP page sends back?<BR><BR>See the ASPFAQs, category "Networking", to see how to do that.<BR><BR>Anyway, if you have an ActiveX component the will read an HTML page, I don&#039;t see any reason it couldn&#039;t also/instead read the headers. <BR><BR>All of this seems pretty silly to me. Why not just send the user off to the PHP pages, instead of adding the ASP layer to the whole thing? But whatever.<BR><BR>Yeah, at least you can get the HTTP status, so I presume you could get the headers. Poke around here and the rest of the XMLHTTP stuff:<BR><BR>