Weird Stored Procedure problem

Thread: Weird Stored Procedure problem

Nathan Pond Guest

Default Weird Stored Procedure problem

I have a stored procedure that is pretty complex, building temp tables off of complex queries and stuff like that. The problem is that I can create the stored procedure, and it works fine for a few days. However, after a few days it doesn&#039t work anymore, it returns the error "Arithmetic Overflow occurred." Then I drop the procedure and create it again without changing anything, and it works for another few days without any problems. This is on a sybase sql system. Any help you could give me, or at least a point in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..<BR><BR>Nathan Pond

Jeremy S. Guest

Default RE: Weird Stored Procedure problem

Sorry for responding with something so general, but if you drop the SP and recreate it and then it works, it looks like something is up with your Sybase server. Make sure you have the most recent patches for your version. You might want to check their web site as well. <BR><BR>My guess is that is a system-type problem and not something specific that you do in your SP. Unless you are allocating resources in tempdb that are not being released and you are bumping your head after running it sequentially for a while.<BR><BR>Good luck.<BR><BR>--Jeremy S.

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Weird Stored Procedure problem

Thanks for your response, I originally thought it was the temp table causing the problems. (Because this is the only stored procedure that this happens with, and it&#039s also the only one that uses temp tables) But I looked into it, and the temp table does get deleted when the stored procedure completes execution.<BR><BR>I&#039ll check the sybase web site, thanks<BR><BR>Nathan