problem with RTF

Thread: problem with RTF

Default problem with RTF

I store RTF text in SQLServer, complete with formatting tags. Now I have to display it in my asp application. Have tried with RichTextBox, but either the tags shows or just the plain text shows without formatting. How do I do this?? <BR>TIA

Default RE: problem with RTF

The problem with rich text is that the tags are different to html (i think). Your best bet would probably be to do a<BR><BR>text=replace(fieldfromrecordset, RTFopenboldtag, "&#060;b&#062;")<BR>text=replace(text, RTFcloseboldtag, "&#060;/b&#062;")<BR><BR>text=replace(text, RTFopenitalictag, "&#060;i&#062;")<BR>text=replace(text, RTFcloseitalictag, "&#060;/i&#062;")<BR><BR>etc<BR><BR>For every tag you want to convert? <BR><BR>

Default Yeah.

There&#039;s no way that I know of to intrinsically convert RTF to HTML, so it&#039;s a matter of sitting down and swapping all the command tags with their HTML equivalents.<BR><BR>However - have you searched around on the internet a bit? I&#039;m sure you&#039;re not the first person who wants to do this. Maybe there&#039;s a free tutorial on how to do it, or a free script you could include, or even a free component...<BR><BR>Craig.