Populating form fields

Thread: Populating form fields

Default Populating form fields

I am working on a script that will submit the contents to the database or to preview it first, on the preview page you can submit or edit. If I select preview on the first form my info displays correctly however on the preview page I can select edit and when I do the information is displayed in the original form but with only the first word of the information submitted. I can&#039;t figure this one out. It seems to remove everything after the first space in between words, it may also add extra commas or periods. I have hidden fields in the preview page to submit the info back to the edit page. I use &#060;%=somevariable%&#062; to populate the form field. At the top of the page I am using subject = Request.Form("Somename") I even took out the Trim function. I need assistance. Here is some of the code.<BR><BR>tsubject = Request.Form("tsubject")<BR>tmessage = Request.Form("tmessage")<BR>&#060;input type="text" name="tsubject" value=&#060;%=tsubject%&#062;&#062;<BR>&#060;texta rea name="tmessage" cols="50" rows="10" wrap="PHYSICAL" id="tmessage"&#062;&#060;%=tmessage%&#062;&#060;/textarea&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="tsubject" value=&#060;%=tsubject%&#062;&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="hidden" name="tmessage" value=&#060;%=tmessage%&#062;&#062;<BR><BR>This is the preview page.

Default ASPFAQs, category Forms

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including the one you are reading now.<BR><BR>Your particular FAQ is the oldest one in the category "Forms", so it&#039;s at the bottom of the list in that category.<BR><BR>