Redirecting on screen size demand

Thread: Redirecting on screen size demand

Default Redirecting on screen size demand

Greetings!!<BR><BR>I need to know if it&#039;s possible to use "read" the client screen size (eg 800X600, 1024X768) using ASP (plain ASP no ASP+ or .Net) and redirect them to the proper web page. <BR>I read some manuals but they haven&#039;t any info about that. <BR><BR>Thank you <BR><BR>Panagiotis<BR><BR>Greece<BR>

Default This isn't...

..really advanced.<BR><BR>Well, it is if you&#039;re talking about using 100% ASP. I think it&#039;s impossible. The client doesn&#039;t SEND that information when it makes a HTTP request, so the information isn&#039;t available to the ASP when it executes.<BR><BR>The main way people work is to use JavaScript to read the screen size, and then pass that to the server:<BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>document.location .href = "changePage.asp?W=" + screen.width + "&H=" + screen.height;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>Panagiotis, try posting in the Q&A forum next time before the Advanced - people will try and help there, too :-) In fact, most the time it&#039;s the same people!<BR><BR>Craig.