xp_SendMail and attachments

Thread: xp_SendMail and attachments

Default xp_SendMail and attachments

Hi,<BR><BR>I am trying to send an attachment with xp_sendmail. On my webserver I call a stored procedure which will read some information from the database and send a mail. One of the fields in the database contains the filename and path of the file I want to attach. The database is held on another server.<BR><BR>Do I need to put the attachment somewhere else. I am getting the following error when I add the attachment. <BR>xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005<BR><BR>It works fine without it. I did have the physical path of the file in the database but then put the htpp:// bit but it made no difference.<BR><BR>Anyone any ideas.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Sinead<BR>

Default RE: xp_SendMail and attachments

If you use<BR><BR>Server.MapPath("/myFolder/myFile.doc") for example<BR><BR>this will return a string for the corresponding physical path on the same server that the asp file is on, typically<BR><BR>"D:inetpubwwwrootmyDomainmyFolder myFile.doc"<BR><BR>which you can then use with xp_sendmail<BR><BR>Also read this<BR><BR>http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=13<BR><BR>it may help.