Access Memo Fields in ASPs

Thread: Access Memo Fields in ASPs

Darren Munk Guest

Default Access Memo Fields in ASPs

OK, I&#039ve done extensive searching on this and haven&#039t found a satisfactory answer. All I&#039m trying to do is display the value of an Access DB&#039s Memo field. Thus far, I have tried:<BR><BR>1) Pulling the field into a Recordset and simply displaying the field (i.e., &#060;%= RS(&#039Field&#039) %&#062;)<BR>2) Putting the field value into a variable, and displaying the variable:<BR>var = RS(&#039Field&#039)<BR>...<BR>&#060;%= var %&#062;<BR>3) Trying to use the GetChunk method of the Fields collection to pull a specific amount of data:<BR>RS.Fields(&#039Field&#039).GetChunk(1000) <BR><BR>No Luck thus far. This appears to be the case if the RS contains only the memo field, or if it contains other info. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

JHodges Guest

Default RE: Access Memo Fields in ASPs

Try (ie: &#060;%=RS("fieldname")%&#062; ) if you use single qoutes where you call your fieldname (ie: (&#039Field&#039) ) then you will first have to use the convert function. If you are using DTC this would be the mthod:(ie: &#060;%= DTCname.fileds.getValue("filedname")%&#062; ) where DTCname is name of the control you are using to open the recordset.