Thread: web.config

Default web.config

Could someone set me straight on the web.config file? Is this file required? What if I don&#039;t include it in the site? Does it use default settings? <BR><BR>I&#039;m trying to run a simple &#039;Hello World&#039; aspx file on my ISP, but it tells me that there is an error, but for security reasons it can&#039;t show the error msg. It tells me upload the following setting in the web.config file.: <BR><BR>&#060;customErrors mode="Off"/&#062;<BR><BR>I do that, but get the same msg as above. Is my web.config file just not being recognized?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help/comments on the web.config file. My ASP.NET books don&#039;t seem to cover it.

Default RE: web.config

the web.config file needs to be placed in your application&#039;s root directory. if you don&#039;t have your app set up as a virtual directory, you need to place it in the wwwroot directory. also, the web.config file follows a very specific naming scheme and structure in the code. make sure you&#039;re formatting the code EXACTLY right.<BR><BR>see this article for more info on the web.config file:<BR>http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/053102-1.aspx