I don&#039;t know what to make of this error. for every asp.net project I try to<BR>run i get this error, I don&#039;t know if I&#039;m set up incorrectly or what, but<BR>this is really nailing me and I don&#039;t know what the problem is. Can someone<BR>shed some light on this?<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> Server Error in &#039;/&#039; Application.<BR>----------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>----<BR><BR>Configuration Error<BR>Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file<BR>required to service this request. Please review the specific error details<BR>below and modify your configuration file appropriately.<BR><BR>Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as<BR>allowDefinition=&#039;MachineToApplication&# 039; beyond application level. This error<BR>can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application<BR>in IIS.<BR><BR>Source Error:<BR><BR><BR>Line 36: "Passport" and "None"<BR>Line 37: --&#062;<BR>Line 38: &#060;authentication mode="Windows" /&#062;<BR>Line 39:<BR>Line 40: &#060;!-- APPLICATION-LEVEL TRACE LOGGING<BR><BR><BR>Source File: c:inetpubwwwrootWebApplication1web.config Line: 38<BR><BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>----<BR>Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.209; ASP.NET<BR>Version:1.0.3705.0<BR>