Error running aspx pages on IIS 5.0

Thread: Error running aspx pages on IIS 5.0

Default Error running aspx pages on IIS 5.0

I am new to ASP.NET<BR><BR>When I try running a simple hello world<BR>aspx on my machine from within VS.NET (60 day trial),<BR>I get the following error<BR><BR>"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging of ASP.NET or ATL Server applications. Run setup to install the visual studio.net server components. If set up has been run verify that a valid url has been specified"<BR><BR>I have run setup installed all components and still drawing blank.<BR><BR>Would appreciate any insight<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>n.b<BR>I did a little troubleshooting and noticed that under the App Mapping tab of the application configuration dialog box of internet service manager there is no mapping for files with extension .aspx. I see one for asp though. I do not know if this is important.<BR><BR>Thanks again

Default might be a stupid question but...

Did you install the .NET Framework? It does come with the VS.NET Professional version. I&#039;m not sure about your 60 day trial. Because when you install professional, it updates your IE to version 6, and updates IIS installing the .NET framework. Only then does it install Visual Studio. If for some reason the .NET framework was skipped.. that could explain it. <BR><BR>IIS should map aspx propertly. Have you tried reinstalling the framework (you can uninstall it).<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Vadim C.