Problem with cookies

Thread: Problem with cookies

Default Problem with cookies

I tried to place cookies on the client using the source code from the tutorials.<BR><BR>But i always get the error as....<BR><BR>Http error....all the http headers are already written to the client. Any modifications must be done prior to wrtting the Http headers.<BR><BR>I don&#039t understand why this occurs and how to circumvent it..<BR><BR>Please help <BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: Problem with cookies

Although I don&#039t yet know why this occured, I have now been able to work around this problem.<BR><BR>I am now using these statements, even before the &#060;HTML> tag.<BR><BR>&#060;% Response.Expires = 0 &#037;&#062;<BR>&#060;% Response.Buffer = True &#037;&#062;<BR><BR>I experimented with these and was succesfull. Please somebody explain to me why this occured. <BR><BR>Thanks

Costas Guest

Default RE: Problem with cookies

As I responded to you on the 12th of Jul, the thing that does the Job is the Respond.Buffer = True. When you use it at the start of the document, the ASP resulting document is not send to the client until it completed. That gives you the freedom to change the documents contents in middle way, things like HTTP Headers.