Thread: HELP

Default HELP

I have a custom message board up and running on a website. The database it reads from is an access database. It will work for a while, then I get the following error: <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e4d&#039; <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too many client tasks. <BR><BR>I can&#039;t seem to figure out what is causing this. I seem to open and close my connection object on the page itself. <BR><BR>Can anyone help me on this? <BR>

Default Access Driver

Too many users are connecting to the database at a time.<BR>I have read Access can only handle ~20 clients at a time.<BR><BR>try a DSN-less connection, maybe the performance increase will make the problem happen less.<BR><BR>otherwise you need a real database like mssql or mysql.

Default RE: Access Driver

I have had more than 20 clients attached to an Access database at a time, however, I was using ADO and not DSN.<BR><BR>Another solution might be to move to MSDE, which is on the Access CD and can be managed by using Access 2000 as a front end or the Enterprise Manager from SQL 7. This is a step between Access and SQL Server but isn&#039;t quite as large as SQL Server.<BR><BR>Fred