Bill...please help

Thread: Bill...please help

Default Bill...please help

Hi Bill,<BR>Do you know as to why I keep getting this error?<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open a cursor on a stored procedure that has anything other than a single select statement in it <BR><BR>Basically I am running a sproc that is returning multiple recordsets. If I run it on its own it runs perfectly. However if I run any other sproc before this, I get this error. I have checked MSDN and it says that it is to do with using Server Cursors, but I am using client cursors which I am setting in the code (adUseClient). My connection remains open while i run the sprocs but I create and destroy RS for each of the sprocs. The first sproc would be a simple select where I am retrieving a record from the DB and the second would be the cursor sproc retreiving multiple recordsets..<BR><BR>Please help as it is driving me nuts<BR><BR><BR>

Default Ask in Databases forum....

I&#039;m not enough of a SQL Server user to know the answer.<BR><BR>But several people who frequent the Databases forum are.<BR>