Can't get Connected.

Thread: Can't get Connected.

Default Can't get Connected.

I&#039;ve used Access for quite a while and recently started to pick up SQL Server (quite a leap). I&#039;ve been able to create a database with a table, etc.<BR><BR>Now, I&#039;m trying to connect to the database and keep getting errors. <BR><BR>ConnStr = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=(local); Initial Catalog=Records;User ID=sa;"<BR><BR>This is the connection string I&#039;m using in my page. It crashed with the error "Login failed for user &#039;sa&#039;. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t even know where to start setting up a "trusted connection". I&#039;ve downloaded SQL books on line (no help), checked in IIS security in admin tools(no clue).<BR><BR>Can someone point me in the right direction for getting connected to the database?<BR><BR>Thanks,

Default RE: Can't get Connected.

I wouldn&#039;t use the sa account as a login.<BR><BR>If you are using enterprise manager, browse to &#039;security&#039; &#062; &#039;logins&#039; then right click and create a new login. Preferably choose windows authentication and choose the proper user from active directory. Or, use SQL security.<BR><BR>Next, make sure you give them access to the database in question.<BR><BR>When you create objects (tables, views, stored procedures) make sure you allow that user to execute those objects. For example, right click on one of your tables, click &#039;properties&#039;, then &#039;permissions&#039; then check your new user under the appropriate columns.