Set directory permissions

Thread: Set directory permissions

Default Set directory permissions

Hi All,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve looked quite extensively and haven&#039;t been able to come up with a solution yet so I think this qualifies as advanced.<BR><BR>I am creating a wizard script that makes folders on the fly as it needs - that all works well. My next problem is that I need to be able to set certain permissions on some folders/files.<BR><BR>Is there a way to do this with pure ASP?<BR><BR>Any help greatly appreciated!<BR><BR>Also, although not important, has anyone had success making virtual directories via ASP for a variable site?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>

Default RE: Set directory permissions

Yes, you can set directory permissions with ASP, but that would require adding the IUSR account to the Administrators group. Not to be recommended!<BR>Or disable anonymous access to that page or folder and make sure that only Administrators can access that page.<BR><BR>You should be able to find some information about this in the MSDN library (<BR><BR>And I have used ASP to make virtual directories, look here:<BR><BR>good luck