Safety in Technique....

Thread: Safety in Technique....

Default Safety in Technique....

I was hoping to find out if I should take into account coding techniques which are secure hence preventing "security" leaks.e.g. best way to prevent people manipulating querystrings? I tried using forms but are there any other ways. I know there in encryption but apart from those what else?<BR>Is it possible to manipulate sessions? W<BR><BR>Why is that some sites issues sessions when the site is simply a public site? e.g. Winamp or Wrox? <BR><BR>any suggestions and recommendations(e.g. books) is appreciated. <BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: Safety in Technique....

&#062; Why is that some sites issues sessions when the site is simply a public site? <BR><BR>Huh? What does the existence of a session (or not) have to do with whether a site is public or not???<BR><BR>It&#039;s just a coding technique. No better/worse/different than any other.<BR><BR>You can go a long ways towards protecting against casual "spoofers" by checking to make sure that forms are being submitted from your own site (by looking at Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER"), that is). But if anybody builds a browser spoofer, they can bypass that, since the REFERER info is actually sent *from the browser* and a complete spoofer could send anything it wanted for that value.<BR><BR>