Thread: AspAllowOutOfProcComponents

Default AspAllowOutOfProcComponents

Hi...<BR><BR>I am currently working with integrating a .exe application into the web. The application is using a .dll where all the functionality is. So my plan was to use ASP (VBScript) to call the registered dll and run the application. The dll always starts up an instance of Excel to generate some reports. And it is here the trouble begins. As you may know IIS4.0 (forgett any upgrades due to large company and boring policies) want allow outside application to be started from a ASP page. But this setting can be changed by the AspAllowOutOfProcComponents property on the IIsWebService object. So by setting this to true the should not be any trouble calling out side components. Well that is also true when I tried the following short code<BR>&#060;%<BR>Set objAccess = Server.CreateObject("Excel.Application")<BR>%&#062 ;<BR><BR>and no error message occured. But when using the dll the following error is reported<BR><BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0196 : 80040154&#039; <BR><BR>Cannot launch out of process component <BR><BR>/krik/Admin/StartaSamman.asp, line 44 <BR><BR>Only InProc server components should be used. If you want to use LocalServer components, you must set the AspAllowOutOfProcComponents metabase setting. Please<BR>consult the help file for important considerations. <BR><BR>But the AspAllowOutOfProcComponents is already true? how can this be? Calling a dll first and later on the Excel application is something that doesnt work?<BR><BR>Any ideas? I am desperate!<BR><BR>Thanks for any help<BR><BR>/Markus

Default ** Crosspost. Answered in Advanced.

Please read FAQ #110 for more information about crossposting.

Default RE: AspAllowOutOfProcComponents

Hi Markus,<BR>Microsoft itself says to avoid Automation of any office components from the server side.There are lot of issues concerning this.The excel.application is not an activex dll but a activex exe.for more help refer the following links.<BR><BR>;EN-US;q141824<BR><BR>;EN-US;q246018<BR><BR>;EN-US;Q257757&ID=KB;EN-US<BR><BR>Hope this will be usefull to you.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>