Hi, <BR><BR>I am trying to use the Shape command for the first time in an ASP web site. I&#039;ve read the faqs on it, and I think I understand the syntax, but I&#039;m still experiencing a problem. When I try to execute my SQL statement, I keep getting the error: <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error &#039;80040e14&#039; <BR>Syntax error or access violation <BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried this on a couple of different Windows servers and SQLServer 2000 servers, and I keep getting the same thing. (Both have the latest MDAC installed). <BR><BR>Here is a copy of the code from my page: <BR><BR>&#060;% Dim cnnDB2 <BR>Set cnnDB2 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>cnnDB2.Provider = "MSDataShape" <BR>cnnDB2.ConnectionString = strProvider <BR>cnnDB2.Open <BR><BR>strSQL = "SHAPE {SELECT ID as ManufacturerID, Name as ManufactureName" <BR>strSQL = strSQL & " FROM Manufacturers}" <BR>strSQL = strSQL & " APPEND({SELECT ID as ModelID, ManufacturerID FROM Models} AS rsModels" <BR>strSQL = strSQL & " RELATE ManufacturerID TO ManufacturerID)" <BR><BR>response.write strSql <BR>set objMakeRS = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR>objMakeRS.Open strSQL, cnnDB2 <BR><BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>I&#039;m sure that all of my table and column names are correct, and the strProvider is just my standard connection string that works fine with all of my other recordsets. <BR><BR>Also, I get the same error when I put the SQL statement into SQL Server 2000&#039;s query analyzer. <BR><BR>I&#039;m very excited about using Data Shaping, so your help is much appreciated. <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR>Ben Peskoe <BR>