DSN connection problem

Thread: DSN connection problem

Default DSN connection problem

To be honest I haven&#039;t used a DSN connection, I have just tried to set one up on my home machine and am having problems connecting:<BR><BR>This is the code I am using:<BR>&#060;% <BR> Dim objConn<BR> Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> objConn.ConnectionString = "DSN=furious5.dsn"<BR> objConn.Open<BR> <BR> Dim objRS<BR> Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> objRS.Open vSQL, objConn<BR> <BR> vSQL = "select * from news"<BR> Do While Not objRS.EOF<BR> Response.Write objRS(0)<BR> Response.Write "&#060;p&#062;"<BR> Response.Write objRS(1)<BR> Response.Write "&#060;p&#062;"<BR> Response.Write objRS(2)<BR> Response.Write "&#060;p&#062;"<BR> Response.Write objRS(3)<BR> ObjRS.MoveNext<BR> Loop<BR> <BR> Set ObjRS = Nothing<BR> Set ObjConn = Nothing<BR> %&#062;<BR><BR>This is the error:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0BB9)<BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.<BR>/news.asp, line 24<BR><BR>Any ideas?

Default Here's your error...

You have to put the vSQL statment in before the Recordset opens it... Try that and it should work just fine.