VBScript runtime error '800a0411'

Thread: VBScript runtime error '800a0411'

Default VBScript runtime error '800a0411'

Hello,<BR><BR>I know this is JScript forum, but thought I would try posting my quetion here since I didn&#039;t see a forum for VBScript. Thanks for reading.<BR><BR>I am getting the following error and I can&#039;t find the explanation of it on MSDN. If you have some idea as to what the error means, please advise!<BR><BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR ><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a0411&#039;<BR><BR>Name redefined: &#039;ForAppending&#039;<BR><BR>/Filevbs.inc, line 8<BR><BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR><BR>A s the file referenced above is an include file, I have not modified anything in it or the ASP page which calls that file. The ASP page creates a FSO then writes some data to it, reads it, and displays it over the page. It has been working fine, but since yesterday I have been getting the above error. The only change we made is moved the whole site directory to a different server, which I don&#039;t think should cause any problems as we have done that before with successful results. If you could be of any help, please advise.<BR><BR>Thanks Much,<BR>Jayna

Default RE: VBScript runtime error '800a0411'

let me see line 8.

Default Probably including file twice

If you #include the file twice--either directly or indirectly--you will get that message. Or if you #include two files that have the same definition you will get that message.<BR><BR>And it might be that you have been #include&#039;ing the second file for *months*...but it only showed up on the new server because the files being #include&#039;d are not identical on the two machines.<BR><BR>Track it down. Find every file on the site that uses <BR>CONST ForAppending = 8<BR>Figure out how you are getting two files #included (or the same file twice).<BR><BR><BR>And the forum for VBScript is the "ASP Q&A" forum. 99% of the questions there are VBScript.<BR><BR>