Repeat post: File transfers

Thread: Repeat post: File transfers

Default Repeat post: File transfers

Posting this again because I didn&#039;t get a reply. Hope that&#039;s not a problem.<BR><BR>This one might be a little tricky. <BR><BR>I want to let users download files (in the range of 4mb-5mb each), from my server. At the same time, I want to know if the transfer is completed successfully. For example, it&#039;s possible that they get disconnected, or their is some problem with the server, and the transfer doesn&#039;t complete. Is it possible to do it in ASP (preferably without using any components)? <BR><BR>Going further on the previous question, I would like to have a progress bar that displays the progress of the download. Can I do it without using any external components? <BR><BR>Thanks <BR>Kaustubh

Default without components?

I know you didn&#039;t want any components, but I just _have_ to recommend Dundas Upload ( I use it extensively in my apps, and it works flawlessly. It has a built-in progress tracker, with asp code for a progress bar. works excellent. But, i&#039;d be interested in a non-component based solution as well, if anyone has any ideas!<BR>~~Chaotix