popup window with information on product which is

Thread: popup window with information on product which is

Maikel Wijsbek Guest

Default popup window with information on product which is

Hello,<BR><BR>I am a beginner at ASP and trying to setup a webpage for a computer store I work for. I know my way around HTML, but ASP is new to me.<BR><BR>I have a database in Access containing information on products (such as technical specifications and prices). How can i generate popup windows containing that information in a formatted way?<BR><BR>When people click &#039more information&#039, a popup window should appear with all the information regarding that particular product they are requesting information on. The popup window should be based on a sort of template and alos have a &#039window close&#039 button (but that is simple JavaScript).<BR><BR>It shouldn&#039t be too hard (seen it being used all over the web), but i can&#039t find anywhere how to accomplish this. If you can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated (preferably with an example)!<BR><BR>Sincerely,<BR><BR>Maikel Wijsbek<BR>M.Wijsbek@chello.nl

Troy the ASP Boy Guest

Default RE: popup window with information on product which

this might not be the solution you&#039re looking for but...<BR><BR>have a hyperlink on your asp page using a blank target.<BR><BR>ex: &#060;a href="www.mystore.com/details.asp?item=33" target=_blank &#062;more info on item 33&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>in your newly opened details.asp page you would request server variables from the http header (item=33) and display the info about that item.<BR><BR>cheers<BR>troy the asp boy<BR><BR>