I need some help!

Thread: I need some help!

Default I need some help!

I need help <BR><BR>I have recently taken up the task of updating many websites and am attempting to get some html code that allows the user to print a page. What my code does is that it opens and prints a different document but te user NEVER sees this document they simply remain on the original page. <BR><BR>Here is my code: <BR>&#060;head&#062;<BR>&#060;link rel=alternate media=print href="wcopy1print.htm"&#062;<BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;p align="right"&#062;&#060;a href="resources.shtml" onclick="window.print()"&#062;Print&#060;/a&#062;&#060;/p&#062; <BR><BR>This code works only in Internet Explorer and I would like it to work in Netscape. Can anyone help me???? <BR><BR>Thank You

Default Yes, you do need help....

Your problem stems from the bain of web development. Long ago, when the computer was solely for nerds, there were no standards. Microsoft and Netscape created two different browsers, each supporting slightly different HTML tags and versions of JavaScript.<BR><BR>Netscape&#039;s JavaScript was clumsy, but had a lot of good features, whereas Microsoft&#039;s JScript was quick to learn, but was initially quite limited.<BR><BR>Then, when the W3C standards were created, both major browser vendors agreed to support them. Kind of.<BR><BR>What you&#039;ve found is a method of the window object which Microsoft IE likes, and Netscape doesn&#039;t. The SECOND-BEST thing to do is to rush to www.dynamicdrive.com and see what you can find. The BEST thing you could do would be to buy a decent book. Especially now you&#039;re updating "many websites".<BR><BR>Craig.

Default I gave same answer...

...on Friday:<BR><BR>http://www.aspmessageboard.com/forum/html.asp?M=427161&F=25&P=1<BR><BR>Apparently he/she didn&#039;t want to believe me. Oh, well.<BR><BR>