data from a shockwave movie

Thread: data from a shockwave movie

Default data from a shockwave movie

hi<BR>i&#039;ve created a shockwave movie on the web where the user writes text in to a field. they then press a button and get a response. i want to see what they&#039;ve written in this field. i would assume that i&#039;d use postnettext code to send the text to a cgi script, but what cgi script do i use, and where do i put this script? do i just put the asp file into a dreamweaver document, then save as an asp file? as u can see i&#039;m a bit confused. any help or ideas be much appreciated<BR>cheers james

Default Not advanced...

Despite the fact that you&#039;re using Shockwave the actual ASP would be incredibly simple. In order to get a variable that has been posted (usually from a FORM on a web page, or in this case from Shockwave) you use the ASP request.form collection. You could also use CGI to do this - CGI and ASP are both used to produce dynamic websites but they&#039;re entirely different entities.<BR><BR>To create a basic ASP page that just shows the posted field:<BR><BR>&#060;HTML&#062;<BR>&#060;BODY&#062; <BR>The value of the field is: &#060;%= request.form("yourfieldname") %&#062;<BR>&#060;/BODY&#062;<BR>&#060;/HTML&#062;<BR><BR>Save this as "testpost.asp" somewhere that&#039;s accessible to IIS/PWS (normally C:Inetpubwwwroot). Make sure you&#039;re actually running IIS/PWS first - see:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Then get shockwave to post to