Report Writer and ASP

Thread: Report Writer and ASP

Default Report Writer and ASP

We&#039;re a small office, and I&#039;ve got an ASP intranet set up for various tasks (contact database, invoicing, etc.)<BR><BR>I would like to have a feature (associated with the contact database) where you can pull up a certain person&#039;s information and at the press of a button, it will print a mailing label.<BR><BR>The way I envision it working is: you&#039;d first click the button on the webpage and it will prompt you for the label position (i.e. 2nd column, 3rd row - etc.). From there, it will retrieve the correct recordset from the database, then format a page with the recordset results in the correct x,y coordinates, and send the formatted page to the network printer (where the sheet with the labels is waiting).<BR><BR>I can do everything up to the point where the document needs to be created. Is this a job for crystal reports? Is this something I can do in visual basic? Has anyone done something similar?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Phil Ivers

Default RE: Report Writer and ASP

You can display it in the ASP Page to print, you need some tool. You need something like Crystal Report for Web. It is costly affair. Also meaningless for a small office purpose.<BR><BR>Why dont you try do that on VB and invoke it. VB had Datareport in it (VB 6.0) and you can use this feature for doing that.